HERE ARE A FEW IDEAS 🌱
- Reuse your coffee grounds in the garden, or offer them to your customers for free.
- Clearly state and enforce which bins are which during service, 1 - General waste 2 - Recycling & 3 - Food waste/composting bin.
- Pay a small fee for a composting pick up service to come to your venue weekly to pick up your food waste and organic plant-based packaging.
- Give extra food waste to a local chicken farmer, visit www.sharewaste.com to see who is collecting in your area.
- Reuse your food cans & containers to grow herbs and vegetables, offer the excess to your customers for free.
- Return all of your light weight plastic bags, food wrappers/bags to the bins at Coles and Woolworths stores.
- Don’t print a receipt unless your customer asks for it.
- Offer takeaway coffee without lids and give discount for keep cups users.
- Cook menu items by season and use local produce.
- Use plant-based packaging, cutlery and straws. They’re durable, compostable and a lot more gentle on the planet.
🌍 Lastly tell people what you’re doing and spread the message 🌍